Islands of Adventure is one of two Universal Studio Parks found in Orlando, Florida. It is easily accessible via Interstate I-4. Islands of Adventure is more for the big kids, packed with lots of crazy roller coasters and rides that will definitely give you a day to remember.
Things to Do
- Hogsmeade - go directly to the Harry Potter area! The most popular ride is the Harry Potter & the Forbidden Journey. Lines can go for as long as two hours, so budget enough time for that! If you have little kids, you can take them on the Flight of the Hippogriff, a roller coaster but not as crazy as the Dragon Challenge - where you get to pick between riding the Hungarian Horntail or the Chinese Fireball.
- Marvel Super Hero Island - Ride the Spider-man ride or the Hulk, if you're brave enough!
- Learn more about dinosaurs at the Jurassic Park area
- Have fun with the little kids at the Seuss Landing - where everything is themed according to Dr Seuss books. The best ride is a mini train ride that takes you around the whole area!
- Watch the Eighth Voyage of Sinbad show - it is a stunt show on an open air amphitheater. Check the times guide for their show times.
- Shop - there are plenty of themed stores dotted around the area. And of course, you can't leave the park without trying out a Butterbeer or a treacle fudge!
Islands of Adventure Insider Tips
- If you can only do two parks on one day, best to invest in the Express Pass. It gives you front of the line access, so no more waiting two hours to get on the Harry Potter rides!
- Better go to Islands of Adventure first before Universal Studios - this park closes earlier than Universal Studios, and if you have a two park ticket, it is a quick walk away!