The Isle of Palms County Park is a public park that grants visitors access to the beach. This beach is the main reason why people come to the park. You can spend a relaxing time on the fine white sand enjoying the heat of the summer sun; though remember that it does get busy during the season. The beach is well maintained and provides excellent facilities to users.
Things to Do
- When the sun is out bring your family for a pleasant day spent by the Beach. This is a lovely place to lie out and relax.
- Between the Park's beach volleyball court, the children's play area and the sea there should be enough to keep your kids occupied too.
- If you get in early you can grab a grille in the park's picnic area which are organized on a first come, first serve basis.
Isle of Palms County Park Insider Tips
- Facilities on the beach include dressing areas and restrooms, a picnic area with grills, a volleyball court and a children's play area. During the high season there are also outdoor showers, beach chair and umbrella rentals and beach accessible wheelchairs. If you need a wheelchair call ahead to arrange one on (843) 886-3863 or (843) 795-4386.
- The cost for regular vehicle admission is $7 except on Labor Day Weekend when that cost jumps to $10. Admission is free for cars from November through the February. Getting in early to secure a parking space is recommended while there can be quite a jam to get out of the lot around 4:00 pm on summer days so maybe plan to leave a bit before or after this time.
- Dogs are welcome; they just need to be kept on a leash.
- Lifeguards are posted on the beach seasonally.