The Jacksonville-Baldwin Rail Trail is a beautiful tree-lined trail and park in Jacksonville, Florida. The 14.5-mile trail features three different paths: a multi-use path for hiking, cycling, jogging, or in-line skating, an off-road bike trail, and a horseback riding trail. If you're interested in getting some fresh air and exercise with your family, the trail will allow you to explore the city while passing through residential areas and out into the gorgeous countryside.
Things to Do
- If you're interested in seeing wildlife, explore the parts of the trail that lead through woods and wetlands - animals you might see include white-tailed deer, wild turkeys, gopher tortoises, armadillos, and opossums.
- Visit the Camp Milton Historic Preserve, which is located approximately halfway down the trail. This Civil War campground features a variety of historic exhibits and also frequently hosts reenactments.
- Consider cycling along the trail with your family, since it considered to be one of the best bike trails in the entire state of Florida.
Jacksonville-Baldwin Rail Trail Insider Tips
- Keep in mind that the only restrooms located along the trail can be found near the Camp Milton Historic Preserve.
- If you're looking for a great way to spend the entire day outdoors, bring along picnic lunches to eat at the picnic tables along the trail as well as plenty of water.
- Make sure to bring along a camera in order to take photos of the scenic views and wildlife you'll see!