Jacksonville Zoo & Gardens is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Jacksonville, Florida. It features a seemingly endless array of exhibits that are home to dozens of fascinating species from around the world as well as several animal experiences that are fun for visitors of all ages. Some of the zoo's many highlights include the Butterfly Hollow, where you can wander through a tropical forest as butterflies land on you, a splash ground, an interactive stingray exhibit, and the opportunity to feed giraffes and lorikeets.
Things to Do
- Learn more about the animals by attending a keeper talk in one of the many exhibits. Some of the most exciting talks include the tiger training demonstration, the penguin feeding, and the alligator feeding!
- Experience one of the zoo's animal encounters! You can brush pygmy goats, feed giraffes and lorikeets, and touch stingrays.
- Check out the new Land of the Tiger exhibit, where you'll see hornbills, otters, and two beautiful species of tiger that can be seen from nearly anywhere in their large exhibit.
Jacksonville Zoo & Gardens Insider Tips
- Purchase a Value Ticket for the full zoo experience at a discounted price - it includes zoo admission, Stingray Bay, a 4D ride, unlimited rides on the carousel and the train, and either the Sea Lion Splash or the giraffe feeding experience.
- If you have a little one who tires easily, consider getting an all-day train ticket! The exciting Zoo Train makes its way around the entire zoo, and stops in two locations.
- Don't miss Sea Lion Splash, an exciting presentation that introduces you to playful sea lions that will demonstrate their intelligence and agility for you. You can even get your photo taken with them!