Jane's Carousel is a historic wooden carousel located in Brooklyn Bridge Park in Brooklyn, New York. It was built in 1899 as part of the Idora Park amusement park in Youngstown, Ohio, but was eventually purchased in 1984 by a couple who restored the beautiful piece of history and moved it to Brooklyn.
Since 2011, families with children of all ages have been able to take advantage of this magical carousel ride in the heart of Brooklyn Bridge Park. At only $2 per ride, it's a great way to put a smile on everyone's face during your family day out.
Things to Do
- Go for a ride (or two or three) on this historic carousel - it's fun for kids and adults of all ages.
- Have your child's next birthday at Jane's Carousel - their party package costs $20 per child on weekdays and $30 per child on weekends, and includes unlimited rides on the carousel!
- On a hot summer day, enjoy the beautiful views of nearby Bird Island nature preserve from Pier 4 Beach in Brooklyn Bridge Park after your carousel visit.
Jane's Carousel Insider Tips
- If you have children aged 3 or younger, they get to ride for free when accompanied by a paying adult!
- Visiting with a large group or have a child who could ride the carousel all day long? Take advantage of their multiple ticket discount and save a few dollars by purchasing 12 tickets for $20.
- Explore the rest of Brooklyn Bridge Park, which features basketball, handball, and shuffleboard courts, beautiful public art installations, playgrounds, picnic areas, a dog run, and much more!
- Visit their website for detailed directions on how to get to Jane's Carousel by car, ferry, subway, or on foot.