The Johnny Cash Museum is a tourist attraction in Nashville, Tennessee dedicated to singer Johnny Cash, who is considered to be one of the most important American musicians from the 20th century. Since its opening in 2013, it has become one of the city's most popular attractions. The museum features an extensive collection of memorabilia, as well as items belonging to Johnny Cash, that were collected over the years by his friend Bill Miller, who founded the museum. Whether you're a fan of country music or rock and roll, or are simply interested in learning more about an important pop culture icon, you're sure to enjoy visiting the wonderful Johnny Cash Museum.
Things to Do
- Explore the museum - there's so much to see, including letters Johnny Cash wrote, outfits he wore, and guitars he played!
- Listen to Johnny's music and see some of his famous television appearances in the museum's audiovisual exhibits.
- While his life as an entertainer is fascinating, you can also learn all about his childhood and his service in the United States Air Force while viewing the museum's detailed exhibits.
- Don't miss the chance to see the handwritten manuscript of last song he wrote, just days before his death.
Johnny Cash Museum Insider Tips
- Check websites like Groupon for special deals that offer discounted admission prices.
- For a one-of-a-kind experience, consider booking the Ultimate Cash Experience, which invites groups to the museum for an exclusive performance by Johnny's brother Tommy Cash, or his son John Carter Cash. In addition to singing his classic hits, they tell personal stories about Johnny, and you can meet and greet them!
- Save money by taking public transportation to the museum instead of paying for parking in downtown Nashville.