Dubbed as the "Venice of America", the best way to see Fort Lauderdale is by going on a cruise on the New River. Choose from a 90-minute sightseeing cruise in the morning, a 3-hour sightseeing and Tropical Island cruise in the afternoon, or join the BBQ Dinner sightseeing and Tropical Island Cruise in the evening.
Things to Do
- Listen to the guide and the boat's captain's funny and interesting stories about the landmarks of Fort Lauderdale.
- Disembark at the Tropical Island and visit the mini-zoo with birds, monkeys, and alligators. You can also watch an alligator wrestling show if you join the dinner cruise.
- While on the cruise, get to see the beautiful and expansive multi-million dollar mansions along Millionaire's Row on the Intracoastal.
- Join the BBQ Dinner cruise and have an "All You Wish To Eat" BBQ ribs, chicken, and steamed shrimp dinner served picnic-style at the Tropical Island.
- Watch a free variety show when you join the BBQ Dinner cruise. Kids will surely enjoy the acts with the juggler and a comic impressionist .
Jungle Queen Riverboat Insider Tips
- Try to get a seat on the right side of the boat as most landmarks are found on this side.
- Make sure to bring an insect repellent if you're going to the dinner cruise to avoid being bitten by mosquitoes.
- Persons with disability can join the cruise and stay in the lower decks. However, it's best to consult the crew about disembarking on the Tropical Island.
- The BBQ Dinner cruise is more expensive than the sightseeing tours. If you want to skip the variety show and BBQ, sign up for the sightseeing tours instead.