The Kansas Children's Discovery Center is an exciting family attraction located within Gage Park in Topeka, Kansas. In addition to its nine interactive indoor exhibits, it also features 4.5 wooded acres of outdoor attractions such as hiking trails, bike paths, and obstacle courses! Whether you're wanting to spend the day exploring the great outdoors or learning about art, careers, and science indoors, you child is sure to have a blast at this great museum.
Things to Do
- Head outside to explore Outdoor Adventure, which features hiking trails, musical instruments, flower gardens, a two-story treehouse, and plenty of space to build forts and make mud pies.
- Take your toddler to Little Sprouts, a special exhibit for little ones with padded floors and special features for them to interact with.
- Visit the Careers Gallery, where your child can pretend to be a doctor, a mechanic, or a restaurant owner while learning about popular careers.
Kansas Children's Discovery Center Insider Tips
- Don't miss the Science Gallery, where you can take part in all kinds of fascinating experiments.
- If you have a child with an Autism Spectrum Disorder, visit the museum on the second Sunday of the month in order to attend the free Puzzle Pieces program.
- Have your child's next birthday party at the museum! Birthday party add-ons include science activities, face painting, or a visit from a magician.