The Kazoo Museum is a one-of-a-kind attraction in Eden, New York, which is located just 20 miles south of Buffalo. It is exactly what it sounds like - a museum dedicated entirely to kazoos! The Original American Kazoo Company was founded in Eden in 1916, and is the only metal kazoo factory in North America. Today, the factory is home to a fascinating museum where visitors can learn about how kazoos are made and view kazoos of all shapes and sizes. You can also make your own kazoo at this working factory to take home as a souvenir.
Things to Do
- Take a guided tour of the museum for just $1 per person in order to learn all kinds of interesting trivia about this musical instrument and how it is made.
- Visit the Make Your Own Kazoo station in order to create a unique souvenir.
- View all of the display cases full of old kazoos, including antique kazoo instruments, gold kazoos, wooden kazoos, and kazoos shaped like liquor bottles that were made to celebrate the end of Prohibition.
Kazoo Museum Insider Tips
- If you'd prefer not to pay for the $1 per person guided tour, you can also take a self-guided tour for free!
- Check out the Kazoo Boutique Gift Shop, which sells t-shirts, jewelry, cards, toys, and a huge selection of kazoos.
- Don't forget your camera - you'll want to take a photo of the huge kazoo on top of the building!