The Kennedy Space Center is one of Florida's most popular attractions and is arguably a must-see attraction for families. Kids will love it! The center dates back to the early 1960s when it was built as a launch pad for the Saturn V rocket as used in the Apollo Program during the Space Race.
The Kennedy Space Center has operated as both a launch pad for NASA's space flight and, during its operational years, a landing site for the recyclable Space Shuttle craft. Launches still take place today.
Things to Do
- See the Space Shuttle Atlantis up close and personal. The vehicle stands as a fine example of human technological achievement and the seemingly limitless boundaries of our imaginations. This may be one of the coolest things you and your kids will ever see!
- You and your little ones can be astronauts for the day thanks to the Shuttle Launch Experience. This attraction simulates the Space Shuttle's voyage from the earth to orbit.
- Take in a spectacular movie in the center's 3D IMAX theater. Here you can witness some of the most incredible sights as filmed by astronauts and recorded by the Hubble Space Telescope.
- Take the youngest members of your family to the Children's Play Dome to play and learn at the same time.
Kennedy Space Center Insider Tips
- As one of the most popular attractions in the state, you can expect long lines and waits. You should arrive early and plan ahead to make the most of your visit.
- Check the launch schedule to witness a live space launch!