Stumble into a world of pure adventure at Kidcity in downtown Middletown, CT. This children's museum is geared for young hands and young minds ages 1-8 years old. Your child's imagination will flourish in this fantasy land of pretend play.
Things to Do
- Wee ones and parents can dive into the underwater wonderworld in the sea caves and caverns on the main floor
- The second floor and part of the first floor features oodles of pretend play adventure props where children can plant and pick veggies, climb mountains, work at the farm, climb through an igloo, scale bridges all on a very small scale of course.
Kidcity Insider Tips
- There is metered parking in the back of the museum and a few free spaces that have a two hour limit.
- The entrance to the museum is in the back and opens to the parking lot.
- Space is tight at Kidcity, therefore strollers are not allowed within the museum itself. There is a stroller parking area in the coatroom as you enter the building. If you have a very young child, I would highly recommend a wearable baby carrier for your trip. If you find yourself without one, the front desk has a few available for borrowing. What a great idea!
- Wear socks. There are areas of the museum where no shoes are allowed for children and adults alike. If you do not have socks on, the museum is even prepared with bins of clean socks to borrow in various sizes. Simply return them to the dirty sock bin when you are done. They seem to have thought of every last detail.
- There is no food or drink or gum allowed in the museum. Also, food is not sold at the museum. There are a few tables and chairs in the coatroom area where you may nibble on a snack from home. Fear not, there are plenty of restaurants in the area to choose from and a book of menus is on dsplay at the front desk.