Kids Discovery Museum, also known as KiDiMu, is a fascinating children's museum located on Bainbridge Island, which is just 35 minutes away from Seattle by ferry. The museum features a number of hands-on exhibits and activities for children under the age of 8, and also offers workshops, programs, and summer camps. In addition to its many indoor exhibits related to art and science, it also has an exciting outdoor play area that you can enjoy on sunny days.
Things to Do
- Watch your child transform into a fearsome pirate in the Pirate Tree House exhibit, where they can get into character with fun costumes, steer the pirate ship, and enjoy the thrill of its giant slide.
- Visit Our Town, where your child can learn about money, healthy eating, engineering, and medicine while trying out various careers.
- Stop into the Science Hall exhibit to do hands-on science experiments related to physics, magnets, light, and motion.
Kids Discovery Museum Insider Tips
- Take your little one to Totally TOT, a special area where children under 36 months can safely crawl through padded structures and play with soft blocks.
- Check out their calendar to learn about upcoming activities such as sing-alongs, outdoor concerts, and special events for children with autism.
- Save money by visiting the museum on the first Thursday of the month, when admission is free!