Kidspace Children's Museum may be designed for little ones but adults often find plenty to enjoy here too. At the very least parents will enjoy seeing their sons and daughters actively learning from more than thirty interactive exhibitions. This is learning while playing so expect plenty of smiles and laughter as your children work their way around the 3.5 acre site. Aside from the exhibits plenty of public events and programs take place here while it is also the perfect place to organize your child's birthday.
Things to Do
- If you have a very young child consider signing them up for one of the Museum's Early Childhood Classes. Baby & Me brings the parent and infant together to practice creative play, literacy building, social skills building, and strengthening of sensory and motor skills. The Little Sprouts Club is a six week program during which kids learn about gardening, horticulture and leading a healthy lifestyle. Music, Motion & Math will teach young learners the basics of mathematics but filter all the teachings through song and play.
Kidspace Children's Museum Insider Tips
- The first Tuesday evening of every month sees Free Family Night take place. From 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm families and their kids are invited to enjoy specially organized events that will ensure they have a great night.
- You can load up and print off a map of Kidspace before you go.
- The Museum is closed on Mondays from after Labor Day until Memorial day.
- Most of the exhibits are outdoors so if you are visiting during summer be sure to bring sunscreen and water for your kids.