KidZone Museum is a children's museum in Truckee, California, which is just a short drive from Lake Tahoe. It offers a wide variety of hands-on exhibits and programs for young children that focus on having fun while learning about the world around us. Its exhibits include indoor and outdoor play areas, an art studio, a science lab, and a special nature-themed play area for babies.
Things to Do
- Grab a seat in the Art Studio and use crayons, paints, markers, clay, and other art materials in order to create your own masterpiece.
- Take your little one to the Baby Zone, a nature-themed play space where children under 18 months of age can safely climb, crawl, and roll.
- Check out the Exploration Station, which provides hands-on science activities for children.
- Head outside to their new natural playscape, complete with slides, a garden, a stream, and a sand play area.
KidZone Museum Insider Tips
- View their calendar to learn about upcoming events such as discounted admission days, art classes, and family fun days.
- Attend one of their educational programs, which include activities like story time, sing-alongs, science demonstrations, and art workshops.
- Have your child's next birthday party at the museum - they offer indoor and outdoor birthday packages that include museum admission.