King's Dominion is one of the best known theme parks in the States for good reason. Its massive 400 acres holds a grand selection of rollercoasters, family rides and even a twenty acre water park. For a summer day out with your family or your friends it's unbeatable!
Things to Do
- Reaching speeds of up to 50 miles and hour and including a drop of 144 feet the Anaconda is the coaster for real thrill seekers. Even faster is the Dominator which holds the infamous title of being the longest floor less steel coaster in the world.
- If you simply want a quick jolt of adrenaline head to the 305 feet high Drop Tower which can boast being the longest Gyro height drop in the world.
- If you are looking for kid's rides then head straight to Planet Snoopy where you will find plenty of entertaining amusements for the little ones. Older kiddos will want to get straight on board the Woodstock Express the first coaster ever to be built at the Dominion when it was opened in 1974.
- Elsewhere you can take them to bounce around at Snoopy's Moon Bounce, they can get in the cockpit of an old fighter aircraft at Snoopy vs. The Red Baron and they can learn to drive at Joe Cool's Driving School.
King's Dominion Insider Tips
- It could be easy for younger members of your group to get lost so giving them a park map before you visit could be a good idea!
- Like many other amusement parks King's Dominion have a fast lane system so if you are serious about beating the queues it makes sense to check out the prices and think about getting one in advance.