The Kiwanis Recreation Center is a large public recreation center run by the city of Tempe, Arizona. Its extensive facilities include a fitness center, a tennis center, a batting range, a gymnasium, and an indoor wave pool.
If you're looking for a way to escape the scorching Arizona heat, take the entire family to the Kiwanis Recreation Center to enjoy some fun away from the sun! There are plenty of activities to keep you active and entertained.
Things to Do
- Cool off in the Kiwanis Wave Pool - the entire family can rent tubes or rafts to float on the 3-foot waves or compete in a swimming race using the pool's lap swimming lanes.
- Practice your swing at the Kiwanis Park Batting Range! Visitors of all ages are welcome to the batting cages to help prepare for their next baseball or softball game, or just to have fun.
- Check out the Kiwanis Tennis Center - you can reserve a court if you already know how to play or you can register for lessons tailored to your age and skill level.
Kiwanis Recreation Center Insider Tips
- Visit the Kiwanis Recreation Center website to learn more about fun classes designed for children under 6 and those between 6 and 16 years old. Little ones can learn to play basketball and T-ball, while older kids can prepare to be babysitters by learning CPR or play sports like soccer and baseball.
- If you're looking for a way to make your child's next birthday a memorable event, consider booking a pool party at the Kiwanis Indoor Wave Pool - activities include splashing around in the pool and playing sports.
- Adults wanting to work out while their teens are playing sports at the recreation center can visit the Kiwanis Fitness Center, which features a variety of cardiovascular and strength equipment such as free weights, stability balls, and balance rollers.