Knoxville Zoological Gardens have been acknowledged for breeding endangered red pandas and the white Rhinos. The zoo that is located just east of downtown Knoxville, Tennessee is home to more than 800 animals. The zoo features many indoor and outdoor animal exhibits, and play areas for children. Come and see a variety of animals, birds and reptiles in the Knoxville zoo.
Things to Do
- Children would love seeing and exploring animal exhibits, along with other attractions. There are several exhibits to see, visit the Boyd family red panda village and see the red pandas in a walk through exhibit.
- Visit nature play area and let your kids have some outdoor fun in a naturalistic environment. Kids can play, meet animals, and explore the vegetable and fairy garden.
- See the black bears in the black bear falls exhibit, see the bear dens up close.
- Meet the chimpanzees in the chimp ridge exhibit, see African elephants, giraffes, zebras, and the ostrich in the Grasslands Africa exhibit.
- Children can play all day in the Clayton family kids cove, kids can interact with the animals, milk a cow, play in the sandbox, become a farmer for a day. Plus there are rides like carousel, and water feature to play in.
- See beavers in the beaver pond, meet snakes and owls in the barn loft. Feed a giraffe in the giraffe encounter.
- Enjoy some water fun during the summer in the Clayton Safari splash.
- Celebrate your kid's birthday at the Knoxville zoo's birthday party place.
- Shop merchandise from the zoo shop and have a meal at the Safari Grill.
Knoxville Zoological Gardens Insider Tips
- Zoo members enjoy free admission and free parking.
- Camel rides and carousel rides are closed during the winters.