Lacma, The Los Angeles County Museum of Arts is a popular Art museum that displays arts and crafts from the modern and contemporary genre. The museum was opened to public in 1965 and it exhibits more than 120,000 collections from the world of art and science, mainly geography. The museum displays antique and modern art collections from the Asian, Latin American, European and Islamic art. Several permanent and rotating exhibits are installed in the museum, the museum also hosts several events. The museum is open to the visitors year-round, and it offers free admission to museum members.
Things to Do
- Families can take a docent led tour to the museum that is informative and educational, the docent will take you through several featured exhibits at the museum, carefully describing each and every one. Featured exhibits include, Art of the Samurai, Landscapes of India, African Art, German art and so much more.
- Families must visit the Boone children's gallery, where you can learn different art forms based out of China and Korea. Korean art gallery also features story time for children. Boone children's gallery has been rated as the best free art studio for kids, and it's open every day.
- Family tours are offered at the museum, it features museum tours, free art making activities and live music. Tour tickets can be purchased online.
- Lacma has four dining options for its visitors, you can enjoy Mediterranean food at Ray's, cocktails at Stark bar, snacks and food for the entire family at Lacma cafe, and coffee at C+M coffee and milk.
- Visit the Lacma store for exclusive gifts including books, jewelry, gift items, and so much more.
Lacma Insider Tips
- WIFI and museum map is available on site.
- Children aged 17 and under can enter for free.
- Personal photography is allowed.
- The museum is wheel chair accessible.