Enjoy fishing and other wonderful outdoor activities at Lake Austin, Texas, fish for bass, catfish and sunfish with your family. Lake Austin is a water reservoir on the Colorado River, lake Austin was formed in 1939, and it is popularly used for fishing and boating. Visit the award-winning Lake Austin spa Resort, the resort offers lodging, fitness activities and many programs and events. Relax and unwind at the spa, or enjoy a picnic with the family by the lake. Boating and fishing activities are at peak during the Summer season.
Things to Do
- Enjoy an outdoor recreational hangout with the family, enjoy fishing or boating. There is an excellent population of large mouth bass in the lake, as well as bluegill and red breast.
- Take in the wonderful views of the lake and its surroundings while boating, both sides of the lake are scattered with private properties and posh villas and homes.
- You can rent your boats from daybreak boat rentals, and Lakeway Marina, rent boats and other watercrafts, and rent kayaks from mud outdoor center.
- If you are new to fishing, you can consult with Bassman guide service for some great fishing guide, Allen Christenson and other fishing guide services.
- There are many lakeside restaurants to enjoy a brunch or a hearty meal, lake house cafe, The pier, Carlos n' Charlies and other restaurants offer some delicious meals.
- Families can enjoy Parasailing and other water sports on the lake.
Lake Austin Insider Tips
- Fishing can be done at night during the summer season.