The Ohio shorelines of Lake Erie are dotted with great beaches and parks. These locations make the perfect destination for a family trip out especially during the summer months when you can bask in the sun. The only difficult part is choosing which one to go to!
Things to Do
- A nice family friendly spot to head to is the Fairport Harbor Lakefront Park Beach. This beach is home to a twenty acre park with a lighthouse and a marine museum and more.
- If you make a trip to Cedar Point Amusement Park then you should try and fit in a visit to the nearby beach on the eastside of the Cedar Point peninsula. Here you can have a game of beach volleyball with your friends and family or just relax on the beautifully kept white sand beaches.
- Ashtabula's Walnut Beach Park is another place you can play beach volleyball or if you prefer you can enjoy the nearby wildlife preserve, set your kids loose in the Beach's playground or simply go for a swim in the waters!
- Finally you could consider taking a trip out to Kelley's Island, a 677 acre state park in the middle of Lake Erie which provides a relaxing beach perfect for sunbathing.
Lake Erie Beaches Insider Tips
- For a more comprehensive run down of Lake Erie's beaches and parks check out the Shores & Islands website.
- Wherever you end up going remember that if you make your trip in the summer you need to stock up on water and sunscreen especially if you have young children. A hat doesn't hurt either!