Want to enjoy some outdoor recreational activities with the family in Austin, Texas, head over to Lake Travis, a water reservoir on the Colorado River, in central Texas. Families can enjoy a number of outdoor recreational sports and activities at the reservoir, popular activities are swimming, boating, fishing, zip lining, and scuba diving. The lake is a vital reservoir for the city of Austin, it supplies water to the city of Austin and is also used for electrical power generation. The lake was formed in 1942 and has a surface area of 18,930 acres. The lake is stocked with a variety of fish for the anglers and recreational fishing enthusiasts. The lake is a year-round center for outdoor activities in Austin.
Things to Do
- Bring your family to lake Travis and fish for white bass, striped bass, large mouth bass, cat fish and sunfish.
- You can rent kayaks and boats and enjoy boating with family in the beautiful lake Travis.
- Lake Travis has a number of spots where you can rent boats, boats can be rented for all day or on hourly basis.
- Lake Travis also offers camping for the families, you can rent a house, rooms or a condo near the lake for a day or holidays, the Palms on the lake Travis is a private rental property for up to 10 guests.
- A variety of restaurants and cuisines are available on Lake Travis to satisfy your taste buds, the boat house grill has an indoor eating area, a large outdoor picnic area, and a playground.
- The Iguana grill has the perfect atmosphere for the families, enjoy delicious Mexican food and take in the scenic views of the Lake Travis.
- Plenty of Lake Travis golf clubs offer golf courses for the beginners and seasoned golfers.
- Enjoy adventurous and thrilling zip lining over Lake Travis.
Lake Travis Insider Tips
- Families can have picnic at various spots along the lake.