Lakeshore State Park is a beautiful state park in Milwaukee, Wisconsin on the shores of Lake Michigan. This popular nature area provides visitors with spectacular views of downtown Milwaukee as well as wildlife viewing, fishing, watercraft areas, and a multi-purpose trail that connects Lake Michigan to the Mississippi River. If you're looking for a place where your family can enjoy some fresh air and sunshine in Milwaukee, it's one of the top places to visit.
Things to Do
- Walk, skate, or cycle with your family along the Lakeside Multi-Purpose Trail, which leads from the shores of Lake Michigan to the banks of the Mississippi River by connecting the Hank Aaron State Trail and the Oak Leaf Trail.
- Enjoy the beautiful Wisconsin weather while fishing on the beach!
- Visit the watercraft beach area, which is the perfect spot to explore the water in a paddleboat, canoe, or kayak.
Lakeshore State Park Insider Tips
- Make sure to bring along a camera so that you can take photos of the lake and the Milwaukee skyline.
- Bring along a pair of binoculars and see how many bird species you can find in the park's beautiful natural habitats.
- It's usually a good idea to bring along a jacket or sweater when you visit the lakeshore since the wind off of Lake Michigan can often make it feel chilly, even in the summertime.