Sat on the shores of Lake Rhoda, Colorado's Lakeside Amusement Park has a long history stretching back over a hundred years to when it was first opened in 1908. With a great selection of rides aimed at all the family and all the traditional food offerings you would expect from an Amusement Park there is plenty here to keep everyone entertained.
Things to Do
- The Amusement Park has plenty of rides for older kids and adults. These include two fun rollercoasters, the Cyclone Coaster and the Wild Chipmunk Coaster.
- There are go-karts, bumper cars, bumper boats and a drop tower. If you want something a little bit slower then you can head to the Ferris Wheel or if your looking for more thrills the Round Up spins passengers at super fast speeds.
- There are many kiddie's rides for the little ones too. They can strap themselves in for a ride on the Kiddie Coaster or the Frog Hopper and be the captain of their own vessel with the Wet Boats.
Lakeside Amusement Park Insider Tips
- Lakeside organize special Summer Camp Fridays on a select few Fridays throughout the year. On these Fridays they open the park early so that daycares, summer camps and other kids groups can have a chance to enjoy the park to themselves.
- The cost of entrance is significantly cheaper from Monday to Friday compared to the weekends and holidays. The park is usually less busy then too so if you are able to get there during the weekdays this makes the ideal time to pay a visit.
- Parking is free on site and you can bring along your own food for a picnic too.
- Parking is free at Lakeside.