The Landis Valley Village and Farm Museum pays homage to the lifestyle of Pennsylvania's German settlers who lived rurally during the 18th, 19th, and 20th centuries. The museum allows visitors to enjoy the wholesome history of the area through a "living" farm and village.
You and your family can step into the past in this recreation of rural life in Pennsylvania, complete with traditionally-dressed staff members, tradesmen, blacksmiths, and all the characters you'd expect to see in a typical village and farm at the time.
Things to Do
- See the animals. No farm would be complete without animals and at the Landis Valley Village and Farm Museum there are plenty of them.
- Visit the store to pick up something special from the 18th century.
- Learn how things were made before mass production and the assembly line from the friendly and knowledgeable staff members in their roles as valuable members of this traditional community.
- Make your way to the visitors center exhibit to see fine examples of 18th-century furniture.
Landis Valley Village and Farm Museum Insider Tips
- Check the museum's calendar to find out if there's anything special happening during the time of your visit or whether there's a special event that you shouldn't miss.
- If you plan on going regularly, you should consider purchasing the family membership to save on regular visits.
- If you are visiting as part of a large group, make sure to make the most of the museum's group tours.