The seeds of the Lazy 5 Ranch were planted decades ago when Henry Hampton began his collection of exotic animals from all over the world. In the 1990s he opened up his grounds and the animals to be viewed by the public. Since then the animal population of the ranch has grown to a population of over 750 animals from 6 different continents. They populate a 3 1/2 mile safari ride which can be enjoyed in one of the ranch's horse drawn carriages or from the comfort of your own car.
Things to Do
- The Ranch has a range of animals for you to meet and feed. They include various types of cattle, horses, sheep, goats, deer, elk, giraffes, rhino, pigs, camels, llamas, kangaroos, birds, quail, pheasants, ducks, swans, porcupines and tortoises!
- Lazy 5 Ranch plays host to all manner of private functions. It is possible to organize corporate functions, banquets and even weddings here. School field trips are welcome. Gift bags and ice cream can be organized for class groups at a discounted rate.
- A set of tips for teachers are povided to make the visit easier. They also have three different birthday party packages on offer and can outfit birthday celebrations in Western or Happy Birthday style themes.
Lazy 5 Ranch Insider Tips
- You must call in advance if you intend on booking a horse drawn wagon ride. The ranch do not accept debit or credit cards.
- Before you head out on the road be sure of where you're going with their map and directions.
- The Ranch makes a great setting for a picnic so load up some food and some lawn chairs and treat yourself to a safari snack!
- No pets are permitted at the Lazy 5 Ranch.