The private art collection of Ed Trumble, the man who founded Leanin' Tree publishers in 1949, is on display at the Leanin' Tree Museum & Sculpture Garden of Western Art in Boulder, Colorado. Here you and your family can take in the impressive sculpture garden and an art collection that includes hundreds of paintings. Best of all admission and parking are free!
Things to Do
- When Ed Trumble began Leanin' Tree he looked to Western Art for design inspiration. This led him to amass a large collection of original Western Art and develop friendships with many artists. Take a stroll through the sculpture garden and the art museum to see many unique and intriguing pieces of art that derive their inspiration from the American West.
- There is a free Plant Tour offered from Monday to Friday at 10am, 11am, 1pm and 2pm. This tour takes about 45 minutes and is conducted on a first come first serve basis with no need to make a reservation. During the tour you will learn about how the Leanin' Tree Company began and see their full printing process in full flow. Not only is the tour itself free, but you also get to choose a free card from the gift shop after you are finished too.
- If you are a fan of Leanin' Tree's cards then you need to stop into their gift shop. Here you will find the single largest collection of their products available for sale anywhere, including prints and over 3,000 differently designed cards. Everything is offered with a factory discount since they make everything right there. They even provide a coupon for the store.
Leanin' Tree Museum & Sculpture Garden of Western Art Insider Tips
- You can make a visit to the Celestial Seasonings Factory which is nearby once you are finished at the Leanin' Tree Museum.
- The entire location is handicap accessible.