Leslie Science & Nature Center is a non profit organization located in Ann Arbor, Michigan, right beside the Leslie Park. It was donated by Dr Leslie & his wife to the county before they passed away in 1976 and has developed to this center that you enjoy currently.
Things to Do
- Attend one of the many nature-centric events: owl prowls, find out the nature of beer, learn more about ornithology, all this and more. Some events require pre-registration, and members can get a significant discount on fees.
- See the raptors and other birds of prey in their enclosures. The center features public feedings every second Saturday of the month so best to schedule your trip during that time!
- See the critter house - which houses other animals like rabbits, frogs & turtles.
- Send the kids to nature camp - it's a nice way for them to learn more about nature and the animals and would keep them busy during summer.
- Go hiking - the center is right beside the Black Pond Woods Nature Area - so you have your choice of longer trails or shorter, easier trails to bring the kids on.
- You can geocache with your family to find some hidden treasures!
Leslie Science & Nature Center Insider Tips
- The nature center can arrange to bring their birds of prey to educate people during your event! They can also offer customized programs for your family or group. It'll be a fun and unique way to celebrate a special day.
- While the nature center is free, donations are highly accepted, so please donate if you can to help support this worthy cause.