Liberty Park is the second largest public park in Salt Lake City, Utah. This 80-acre park is especially popular due to its diverse sports facilities and extensive network of paths for walking, cycling, and rollerblading. It also has a lake, a swimming pool, a duck pond, two playgrounds, several amusement rides, and is the home of the Tracy Aviary. If you're family is looking for a place in Salt Lake City to spend the weekend being active and having fun, Liberty Park is the place to go.
Things to Do
- Cool off in the summertime by splashing around in the outdoor Liberty Park Pool.
- Visit the concession area between 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. to ride the carousel or the Ferris wheel!
- Take your little ones to the playground - Delta Playground features a play structure located in a shady area of the park, while the larger Rotary Playground has a splash pad, a special play area for toddlers, and slides and climbing areas for older children.
- Relax by the serene Duck Pond, where your child can watch the koi swim in the summertime.
Liberty Park Insider Tips
- Don't forget to stop by Tracy Aviary, a wonderful nature area that is home to dozens of fascinating bird species.
- Get some exercise as a family by doing your favorite sport! The park has facilities for running, swimming, rowing, volleyball, tennis, cycling, basketball, rollerblading, and lawn games like bocce and horseshoes.
- Bring along some food and have a family picnic or barbecue in the park - there are numerous grills and tables located on the east central side of the park.
- If you visit the park on a Sunday afternoon, make sure to check out the weekly drum circle, which is a popular local tradition.