Lion Country Safari is an amusement park in Loxahatchee, Florida that is known for its spectacular drive-through safari. Just over an hour's drive north from Miami in the West Palm Beach area, the park is home to over 900 animals such as monkeys, lions, giraffes, rhinos, and zebras.
There are plenty of activities for a family to do at Lion Country Safari besides going on a safari - it also features rides, animal feeding areas, a water sprayground, paddle boats, a maze, miniature golf, and much more!
Things to Do
- Visit the drive-through safari! It is divided into seven different areas such as Las Pampas and the Serengeti Plains that are home to fascinating species like ostriches, llamas, Asiatic water buffalo, African lions, and impalas.
- Explore SafariWorld, a walk-through safari that features animals like macaws, American alligators, squirrel monkeys, and African pygmy hedgehogs in addition to a variety of other attractions and places to eat.
- Escape the summer heat at Safari Splash, an interactive water sprayground that is great for young children, or at Safari Plunge, which features two water slides that are over 100 feet long!
Lion Country Safari Insider Tips
- Don't miss the chance for your child to feed a colorful parakeet or a giraffe! The giraffe feeding experience costs just $2.50, while seed sticks for the parakeets cost $1.
- Bring along a camera and go for a ride on the 55-foot tall Ferris wheel - it provides spectacular views of the park and its animals from high above the ground.
- Check out the Lion Country Safari website to see if they have any printable coupons or other special discounts before your visit in order to save a few dollars.