Lions Park is a public park in Fresno, California near Slater Elementary School. This beautiful 9-acre park is especially popular with families due to its great playground and its extensive sports facilities, which can be used to play baseball, softball, football, soccer, and tennis. The sports fields are also often used by local youth sports organizations. In addition, the park contains Lions Den Skate Park, which is popular with children and adults of all ages. If you're looking for a place to play sports and get some fresh air in Fresno, take a trip to Lions Park!
Things to Do
- Take your child to the playground! The play structure is designed for children between the ages of 5 and 12, and features several slides and structures to climb on.
- Visit Lions Den Skate Park, which has over 30,000 square feet of popular skateboarding attractions for visitors of all skill levels, including bowls, ramps, and grind rails. It is open between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. daily.
- Play a game of catch with your child in one of the park's fields, or teach them the basics of tennis on the tennis court.
- Go on a relaxing walk around the park on a sunny day.
Lions Park Insider Tips
- Bring along some food and a blanket and have a family picnic in the grass, or sit at one of the park's many picnic tables. There are also five barbecues available for public use if you want to cook some burgers or hot dogs.
- If you're planning to spend a lot of time at the skate park or the playground, make sure to bring along sunscreen - there isn't much shade in either area of the park.
- Don't forget to bring along a helmet to wear if you plan to skate around the skate park - it's an important piece safety gear that is highly recommended.