Enjoy the serene atmosphere of this Wildlife Management Center at Lone Elk Park in Valley Park, MO. Take a drive through the park and view a variety of animals not commonly seen in the wild such as Elk, Bison, Waterfowol, Wild Turkeys and Deer.
Things to Do
- Drive through the park and observe wildlife that you wouldn't ordinarily see: Bison, Elk, Waterfowl, Deer, ducks, turtles, and more. Kids who love animals will really enjoy seeing so many in their natural habitat.
- Enjoy some of the walk through areas of the park and consider having a picnic. Tables and grilling areas are available
- Fish in the Lake with prior reservations
- Evening educational activities
- Wild Bird Sanctuary is only a few minutes down the road and part of the visit to the park: view hawks, owls, eagles, raptors and more birds that visitors don't commonly see.
Lone Elk Park Insider Tips
- Domestic animals are not allowed in the park, even if they are confined in your vehicle.
- Park hours are 8am until 30 minutes before sunset unless prior reservations are in effect.
- Sometimes spotting the animals is hit or miss. For Bison, look in the meadow to the right of the bison gate or at the top of the hill near the road. Early in the morning or late afternoon are good times.
- To spot Elk, follow the Elk Loop Split and take a left at the split. Also check the water. You may find them wading in the water closest to the restrooms on the west side of the lake.
- The animals are not afraid of cars, so be on the lookout. Do not approach the animals.
- It is a great free place to drive through. You might want to drive through more than once so that you won't miss anything.
- Wear bug repellent and beware of ticks.
- There are picnic areas available in the park.