Lone Star Park is a popular horse racing track located in Grand Prairie, Texas. Just 10 miles west of Dallas by car or bus, this facility is a great place for a spring or summer family outing. Live races held at the track during its Spring Thoroughbred Season each year between April and July are sure to entertain children and adults alike.
The park's Bar & Book simulcast center is also open year-round. Visitors can watch live horse races occurring all over the country on television while enjoying a meal in the casual dining area.
Things to Do
- Attend a live horse race at Lone Star Park. Its Barn Area has accommodation for an astounding 1,600 horses which you can watch as they speed down the track with jockeys on their backs.
- If the Texas sun is too hot for you, sit inside the glass-enclosed, air-conditioned Grandstand which has over 8,000 seats with amazing views of the track.
- Stick around after the race for a concert! Lone Star Park often has live concerts after weekend races featuring a variety of acts that include country music stars. Concerts are free with general admission tickets.
- Adults can add to the excitement of the race by placing wagers on the horse races.
Lone Star Park Insider Tips
- Visit the Saddling Paddock and Jockey Quarters area behind the Grandstand before the race in order to see the saddling of the horses. You might even get the chance to talk to the jockeys about their fascinating job!
- General admission doesn't include a reserved seat, but there is plenty of standing room. Visitors are also allowed to bring chairs and blankets to watch from the grass, which still provides excellent views of the track.
- If you get hungry, visit one of the concession areas or bars in order to buy a snack or a drink. Full meals are also available in the dining areas.
- Check the website for special events and deals taking place throughout the year. These often include vouchers and free wagers.