Enjoy a view of Austin from the beautiful Lady Bird Lake. The Lone Star Riverboat cruises take you through the lake estuary on an environmentally-friendly boat. Take in the ever-changing city skyline, the uniquely Texan flora and fauna, and you can book a tour that will plant you right beneath the Congress Ave bridge in time to watch the bats.
- Each public cruise is narrated by the boat captain, giving you a unique and informative view of the city, and you are welcome to bring your own food and drinks on board.
Things to Do
- Weekend Sightseeing Cruise
- Friday Night Moonlight Cruise
- Bat Watching Sunset Cruise
- Private Charter Cruises
Lone Star Riverboat Insider Tips
- The boats do not accept credit cards. Concessions can be purchased with cash only, and tickets can be purchased with cash or check. Cash also works to tip the staff and tour guides.
- If you are interested in the Bat Watching Cruise, the best time to take the tour is the end of the summer and into September. The baby bats will have been born and you will have much more to see at the bat bridge than you would during the early summer months.
- Lone Star Riverboat is a local organization that is considered part of the national park system. A proceed of each ticket purchase goes to support the national parks of the United States.
- Each tour will take about an hour. The boats are also available for private group tours, birthday parties, and other special events you may be planning while you visit the city.