The Los Gatos Creek Trail is a nearly 10-mile recreational trail that extends alongside Los Gatos Creek from Los Gatos to San Jose, California. Whether you enjoy walking, jogging, cycling, skating, or rollerblading, you're sure to enjoy the many attractions and natural landmarks that can be found alongside this trail, from Lexington Reservoir to numerous parks. In addition to passing through many beautiful natural habitats, it also leads through the downtown areas of Los Gatos, Campbell, and San Jose.
Things to Do
- Start your hike or bike ride at Lexington Reservoir in Los Gatos, which is known for the scenic views it provides of the nearby Santa Cruz Mountains.
- When you reach downtown Los Gatos, visit the Forbes Mill, a historic 19th century flour mill that is now used as a local history museum.
- Spend some time exploring Vasona Lake County Park, which contains a science and nature center with informative exhibits. It also provides paddle boat and rowboat rentals.
- Explore the many attractions in downtown San Jose as you conclude your journey along the trail.
Los Gatos Creek Trail Insider Tips
- If it's a hot summer day, cool off for a bit while shopping at The Pruneyard Shopping Center in Campbell, which contains numerous shops and restaurants.
- You can find detailed information on trail access, parking, and how to reach the trail using public transportation on the Santa Clara County Parks website.
- Consider printing out the trail maps provided here, which include the locations of playgrounds and picnic facilities along the trail route.