Fitness and fun come together at Loveland Bike Trail. Ride your bike on over 70 miles of flat paved path shaded and surrounded by trees. The trail spans from the Lunken Airport in Newton North to Springfield following an old steam railway line. Find historical places on the trail near downtown Loveland or spot picnic areas on the shaded parts of the trail.
Things to Do
- Take the family for a morning bike ride and enjoy a scenic ride to the Loveland Castle. If you're not bringing your own bike, stop by downtown Loveland for bike rentals. The path passes through Newtown, Milford, Miami Township, Loveland, Lebanon, and Morrow. Check their website for the different trails and mileage information.
- Kids who like rollerblading will have miles of paved path to practice on. Horseback riding is also allowed in the trail. The flat and well-maintained trail is also great for walking and jogging. You can also take the dog out for a walk.
- Explore the scenic landscape and stop by any of the picnic stops along the trail. Lookout points have park benches where you can rest and relax with a view of the Little Miami River. You might spot a deer crossing from the river to the hills too!
- Get refreshments from any of the food stops. Explore the towns as each township has its own food stop to boast such as Paxton's Grill at Loveland, Padrino's at Milford, and Village Ice Cream Parlor at Lebanon.
Loveland Bike Trail Insider Tips
- Keep your eyes on the road as there are plenty on cyclists on the trail. The speed limit is 20 mph but it's better to be cautious too.