The Loveland Living Planet Aquarium is a public aquarium in Draper, Utah, which is located just 15 miles south of Salt Lake City. The aquarium has four main exhibits that focus on aquatic life in Utah, the oceans, Antarctica, and South America which are home to over 450 fascinating species, including otters, penguins, electric eels and toucans. It's a wonderful attraction for families who want to spend a few hours learning about some of nature's most beautiful creatures.
Things to Do
- Visit the Ocean Explorer exhibit, which features saltwater species such as jellyfish, eels, seahorses, and sharks of all shapes and sizes!
- Take a Journey to South America and explore the rainforest, which is filled with toucans and tree frogs. Other highlights include terrifying creatures like 10-foot anacondas and piranhas.
- Check out the Antarctic Adventure, which transports visitors to the Falkland Islands to see beautiful Gentoo penguins.
- Learn about Utah's native species in the Discover Utah exhibit! Children especially love visiting the playful river otters that swim and slide around their habitat.
Loveland Living Planet Aquarium Insider Tips
- Don't miss your chance to meet a penguin! Every day, visitors can participate in the memorable Penguin Encounters program.
- If you need to rest for a while after walking around all day, stop into the 4D theatre to watch a nature film.
- Take your little one to Tuki's Island Play & Party Center, a fun playground with monkey bars and a cushioned obstacle course. It's also a great place to rent for your child's birthday party at the aquarium.