It is always fun and educational to visit the Lutz Children's Museum located in Manchester, CT. The museum is geared for the youngest guests ages 2-10. Through hands on play, this destination offers a wonderland of a pretend play space which promotes creativity and cooperative play while also stimulating curiosity and discovery in both science and the natural world.
Things to Do
- Explore the fun and exciting Main Street Exhibit in which children can pretend within the confines of a miniature town.
- Pretend to milk a cow or collect chicken eggs at the Farm Exhibit.
- See a variety of animals like rabbits, ground hog, turtles, fish, snakes and reptiles in the Live Animal Area. Get a hands on experience with some of them.
- Sign up for one of the many children's classes offered.
Lutz Children's Museum Insider Tips
- Live visits with animals or craft activities are offered every hour on the half hour.
- Children's classes are feature a 25 % discount if registered online.
- There is no food sold at the museum. You may bring your own food with you and there is a picnic area in the rear of the building. In addition, there are many local restaurants in Manchester to choose from.
- The recommended ages for this museum are 2-10
- Check with your local CT Library for availability of a library pass to this museum which would make this trip free.
- This museum is a member of the museum reciprocal program, so it may be free if you have a member ship to another Museum listed.