Whip up some potential for good clean fun by mixing up this easy recipe for Clean Mud. Clean Mud is made up of three simple ingredients that are easy to find at home. The best part of this crafty recipe is that children of all ages can help with every step of the process. Clean Mud is great for sculpting and for sensory play and because it is made with soap, cleanup is really a snap.
- 2 rolls toilet paper
- 1 1/2 bars Ivory soap
- A grater
- 2 qt. warm water
- Large bowl
How to Do It
- Use a grater to shave 1 1/2 bars of ivory soap into a large bowl or bucket.
- Tear 2 rolls of toilet paper into small pieces and add to the bowl of soap shavings.
- Combine the grated soap with your hands so that they are fairly uniformly spread out.
- Pout your warm water into the bowl.
- Let children help knead the concoction by hand until the mixture is soft and gooey. Add more water if necessary.