Playing with a bouncy ball is a pastime that never gets boring and never disappoints. The budding scientists in your family will enjoy this fantastic experiment about polymers while making their very own bouncy balls in just minutes. This activity is fun and easy to do with kids and takes hardly any time at all. Best of all, you very likely have these ingredients easily accessible in your home right now. This quick and easy experiment will bring hours of activity and joyful playtime for kids with the treasures that they created all by themselves.
- 1 Tablespoon of Borax Laundry Booster
- 1 Tablespoon of Cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons of white school glue
- 1/2 cup of warm water
- Food coloring
- Glitter ( optional)
How to Make It
- In a small bowl, mix the borax and the warm water together.
- In another small bowl, mix your glue, cornstarch and food coloring together.
- Pour the glue mixture directly into the water and borax mixture.
- The glue mixture will harden up in about 15 seconds.
- Use a spoon or a fork to remove the hardened mass from the liquid. If it is still too liquidy, squish it around in your hands for a moment and place it back into the liquid for a stint.
- Roll the mixture around in your hands for a minute or two to form into a ball. The more that you handle the substance, the firmer it will become. ( optional: add a small amount of glitter as your roll the ball)
- Enjoy playing with your bouncy ball.