Whip up a batch or two of your very own Fruity Lip Gloss. You are sure to enjoy this fun recipe for making your own lip gloss. It really is easy to make and so much less expensive than buying lip gloss at the store at every turn. Have fun experimenting with different flavors and colors. You will feel pride in a job well done making your own little lip softening makeup line.
- 4 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- 1 Package of Kool-Aid
- 2 Teaspoons of sugar
- Water used sparingly
- 2 small bowls
- Small 2 ounce makeup jars (available at craft stores)
How to Make It
- In one cup, soften your coconut oil in the microwave for about 5 seconds until it is soft but not melted.
- Stir the coconut oil rapidly and with vigor.
- In the other cup, add the packet of Kool-Aid and a smidge of water and stir to form a fruity paste. Use a whisk to slowly mix in the sugar.
- Whisk away as you add coconut oil one teaspoon at a time until you achieve the color and consistency that you desire. You want to make sure that all of the sugar dissolves so patience and elbow grease are of the essence.
- Use a spoon to scoop small amounts of lip gloss into the makeup jars and cover with lids.
- Stick the makeup containers in the microwave for a few minutes until the coconut oil regains its solid consistency.