Lacing is a great way to increase fine motor skills and sequence for kids. Lacing Cards are a great way to practice this activity are a great addition to any busy bag or for quiet time play. They are great to have on hand at restaurants and in waiting rooms and just about any place where your child could use something to engage them so that they don't get squirmy. This lacing craft activity allows you to make your very own Lacing Cards that are easy to make and super convenient to travel with.
- Craft Foam Sheets in a Variety of Colors
- Hole Punch
- Cookie Cutters
- Pencil for tracing
- Several new shoelaces ( rounded ones are best)
How to Make Them
- Simply trace selected shapes of the backsides of cookie cutters onto your craft foam. If you don't have cookie cutters, simple shapes work well too!
- Carefully cut out the shapes.
- Take each foam shape and use a hole punch to punch hole around the edge of the foam. Make sure that you punch your holes far enough in from the edge to avoid easy tearing and about a finger width apart along the edge.
- Weave a shoelace over and under along the edge of the foam shape
- Store in a baggie for take along convenience.