Experience the beach right where Hollywood movie stars reside. Malibu is a beach city with several areas that you can explore. The most popular beach destinations here include Zuma Beach, Amarillo, Broad, Surfrider, and Escondido to name a few. Whether you're looking to surf or just relax under the sun, there's an ideal Malibu beach for you.
Things to Do
- Take the kids to Zuma Beach where there's a chance that you might spot whales, dolphins, or otters swimming close to the shore. With a wide shore and soft sand at Zuma Beach, you can play frisbee, beach volleyball, or just find a spot where you can sunbathe.
- Bring the family to El Matador Beach if you're looking for a small beach that feels a little secluded, then El Matador and the picturesque rock formations in the area should be your next stop. El Matador is a photographer's delight especially during golden hour so come by and watch the sunset here if your schedule permits.
- Go fishing at Malibu Pier or just walk along the historic boardwalk. Other guests recommend checking out the dining options as the food served here is fresh and is reasonably priced.
- If you have little kids with you, it will be best to veer away from surfing beaches. Opt for areas with calmer wave conditions like the Westward Beach. Westward is as beautiful as Zuma, less the crowd.
Malibu Beach Insider Tips
- Parking is free along the Pacific Coast Highway but on peak season, it will be hard to get a spot. Drive early if you want to avail of a slot in a free parking area.
- If you want to bring your pets, head on to the on-leash dog section at the Leo Carillo State Beach.