Malibu Bluffs Park is a beautiful public park located in the Malibu bluffs off of the Pacific Coast Highway, about an hour's drive from downtown Los Angeles. It is best known for its spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean. Its facilities include baseball and softball diamonds, picnic areas, a playground, a soccer field and trails.
The 6-acre Malibu Bluffs Park extends down towards the ocean from the bluffs, with large sports fields, a whale-watching station, and plenty of other activities in between. It's the perfect place to spend a relaxing day in the California sun.
Things to Do
- One of the most unique experiences you can have at the park is whale-watching. Make sure to stop by the whale-watching station to see if you can spot these majestic animals swimming in the Pacific Ocean.
- Young kids will love the fun ocean-themed playground equipment, including a triple slide, a whale they can ride, a four-person seesaw, and a small climbing wall.
- You can bring your dog along with you - there are plenty of dog-friendly walking trails in the park as well as stations with bags so you can clean up after them. Just be aware that they might get a bit excitable, as the park is home to many squirrels.
Malibu Bluffs Park Insider Tips
- If you need to find directions to your next stop or just can't wait to upload your latest photo of the Pacific Ocean at sunset, you can use the park's free Wi-Fi network.
- After visiting Malibu Beach Park, head to the nearby Malibu Bluffs Open Space for even more opportunities to enjoy nature. In addition to its breathtaking ocean views, it has an extensive trail network that is perfect for avid hikers or families hoping to see local wildlife.
- Looking for an exciting location for your child's birthday party or your next company event? The park and nearby Michael Landon Community Center can be rented out for private events. See the park's website for more details.