Marbles Kids Museum is a children's museum located in downtown Raleigh, North Carolina. It features a wide variety of hands-on exhibits and activities designed for children under the age of 10, as well as an IMAX theatre that shows films that are fascinating for visitors or all ages. Its fun exhibits encourage children to be creative and healthy, communicate, learn, and take care of the environment.
Take your child to Marbles Kids Museum and watch as they gleefully explore a miniature town, splash in the water, create their own machines and vehicles, and learn about science, math, technology, and art all day long!
Things to Do
- If you have a toddler, take them to the BB&T Toddlers Hollow exhibit, where children under 3 can explore a magical woodland setting filled with fuzzy creatures and beautiful pixies.
- Whether it's summer or winter, enjoy playing with water in the indoor and outdoor Splash exhibit. Highlights include a pirate ship, a garden, a submarine where children can do science experiments, and a lighthouse where they can learn which objects sink and float.
- The museum can be fun for teens too - just stop by the IMAX theatre to enjoy a family-friendly Hollywood blockbuster or an educational film.
Marbles Kids Museum Insider Tips
- Check out their Calendar to learn about upcoming events such as film screenings, story time, arts and crafts activities, science experiments, and more!
- Avoid the crowds by not visiting the museum between 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. Tuesday through Friday.
- Enjoy the museum's extended hours until 7:00 p.m. every Thursday night and on the first Friday of every month.
- Save money by bringing your own meal or snacks instead of purchasing food from the Pogo Cafe in the IMAX building. Visitors are welcome to eat their own food in the courtyard or the Marbles Corner Store - just make sure not to bring any food or drinks into the exhibits and play areas.