The Maritime Museum of San Diego is a great place for you and your little ones to learn about seafaring. The museum plays host to a number of boats and has plenty of interactive exhibits.
Things to Do
- Climb aboard a pirate ship! Are any of your little land lubbers pirate mad? Consider having their birthday party at the Maritime Museum of San Diego where they hunt for treasure on the ship!
- Climb aboard a real life Russian sub! While the little ones may not understand any references to "The Hunt for Red October", they'll still love it! There's also an American sub, which can also be accessed by visitors to the museum.
- Get the most out of your visit by asking any of the knowledgeable and friendly guides for more information on any of the exhibits.
- Don't miss the replica ship! The museum is currently building a replica and visitors can see staff hard at work.
- Get a souvenir at the shop as a reminder of your visit to the Maritime Museum of San Diego.
Maritime Museum of San Diego Insider Tips
- Is seeing the boats not enough for you and your little ones? You can take a boat tour of the San Diego Bay for an extra fee. The boat that takes you around the tour is a restored vehicle from over 100 years ago!
- If a large number of you are going, consider taking a group tour. Groups are subject to discount prices and are shown around the museum by a museum docent. You only need 8 people to qualify for group discounts.