Mark Trail Park & Recreation Center is a 48-acre outdoor recreational area offering many amenities for the families. Mark Trail Park & Recreation center is located in Decatur, Georgia, seven miles from Atlanta. The park has a children's playground, tennis courts, basketball courts, soccer fields, a dog's park, and an outdoor swimming pool. The park has hiking, walking, cycling and running trails, and picnic pavilions. Mark Trail Park was named after daily newspaper comic Mark Trail. The park is open everyday from Dawn until Dusk.
Things to Do
- Families visit the Park for many outdoor recreational activities and sports, the hiking trails of the park can be used for running, walking, hiking and cycling.
- Little children can play in the playground that has slides, climbing structures and play equipment.
- Pets can be brought on the hiking trail, but dogs must be on a leash. Separate play area for dogs available.
- Basketball courts, tennis courts and soccer fields can be used by the youth for playing and game practice.
- Families can enjoy a picnic in the picnic pavilion and it can be rented for private parties.
- The outdoor public swimming pool is a major attraction in the Summer. Life guards are available during the pool season.
Mark Trail Park & Recreation Center Insider Tips
- Restrooms are available.
- Free parking is available.