The Martin Park Nature Center is a popular outdoor nature attraction in Oklahoma City. The park consists of over 100 acres of land that is home to animals like deer, coyotes, armadillos, butterflies, birds, squirrels, foxes, and owls. Visitors can explore its family-friendly hiking trails, enjoy the playground, and visit the nature center, which features hands-on nature exhibits. It's a great place to spend a day enjoying the great outdoors with your family.
Things to Do
- Take your child to the Pollinators' Playground, where they can play to their hearts' content.
- Explore the nature center, where you can view live reptiles and insects and learn all about local wildlife.
- Visit the observation bee hive, which is home to over 8,000 bees that collect pollen from the area to produce honey in the hive.
- Bring along some food and enjoy a picnic in the shady picnic pavilion.
Martin Park Nature Center Insider Tips
- Check out their programs page to learn about wildlife excursions, nature talks, workshops, film screenings, and play groups.
- If your child loves nature, consider having a nature-themed birthday party at Martin Park Nature Center! Their party package includes fun activities like treasure hunts and animal encounters.
- Volunteer at the nature center! Volunteers of all ages are always welcome to help with park maintenance and nature programs.