Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum is a one-of-a-kind attraction in Farmington Hills, Michigan, which is located approximately 20 miles away from Detroit. It features the fascinating collection of vintage coin-operated machines that owner Marvin Yagoda has been collecting since 1960, as well as all kinds of other mechanical games and oddities. Most of the machines in the collection still work, so if you bring along some change you can play some games and find out your future from the classic gypsy fortune teller machine during your visit. Whether you live in the Detroit area or are just visiting, Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum is a must-see attraction.
Things to Do
- Explore Marvin's collection of thousands of mechanical oddities and collectibles, and play some games!
- Check out the AutoWed, the one and only coin-operated wedding ring dispenser, which even provides wedding music.
- Don't miss the Cardiff Giant designed by American circus owner P.T. Barnum! The 10-foot tall "petrified man" was one of the most famous hoaxes in United States history.
- If your teen likes a good scare, try the Dr. Choppington machine - you put your hand into a slot and a mechanical figure "cuts" it with a machete, spraying blood.
Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum Insider Tips
- Save some money by checking websites like Groupon for deals on arcade outings before your visit.
- Have a fun-filled birthday party at Marvin's - they offer several different party packages that include quarters to use in all the machines and special birthday gifts.
- Stop by the shop on your way home to pick up a fun t-shirt, DVD, hat, or other souvenir!