The Mary Jo Peckham Park for all Children is a 32 acre green area located in Katy, Texas. A range of activities can be enjoyed at this family friendly park. People can fish at the Park's lake, there is a playground for children, two miniature golf courses for families, walking and hiking trails and a community center with a swimming pool.
Things to Do
- The Park's playground for all children is its obvious draw for families. You can make a nice afternoon out of your visit by bringing a picnic which you can enjoy at the picnic area beside the playground. There is also a covered Barbeque Pavilion where you can have a big family BBQ. You can also take your kids to the park's community center which has an indoor swimming pool.
- You can fish at the Mary Jo Peckham Lake. The Lake is stocked with a variety of water fowl and there is a covered pier where you can set up camp waiting for your big catch!
- Two 18-hole miniature golf courses are open to the public at the park. Both of these courses are fully wheelchair accessible.
- The Park is a good choice for joggers as it provides an asphalt jogging trail. For walkers there is a granite walking trail which leads around the lake.
Mary Jo Peckham Park Insider Tips
- Though the park is pretty simple to navigate there is a layout map online for those who want it.
- Dog owners are asked to keep their canine pal on a leash inside the park.
- There is parking available to the public on site at the Park.