The Maryland Science Center is a great find and offers three levels of interactive fun and learning for all ages. The staff is enthusiastic and engaging about including visitors in demonstrations and experiments which really adds to the hands on learning and fun. You can easily spend all day here getting lost in the exhibits. This is a great way to spend the day, especially a day when the weather is not in your favor.
Things to Do
- IMAX theater and planetarium
- Lifesized dinosaur fossils and incredible dinosaur exhibit
- Special children's playroom designed for children ages 0-8
- Explore the exciting world of Physical Science in Newton's Alley
- Tons of permanent and rotating exhibits to keep all ages interested
Maryland Science Center Insider Tips
- The Science Center is offered free to any Maryland school students travelling with a school group
- There is a discounted rate on the first Friday of every month from 5-8pm All visitors pay only $9 for general admission at this time and Children under 3 are always free
- Big tip if visiting the Inner Harbor: Look into the Inner Harbor Pass which includes 6 attractions in 4 days for 1 discounted price. It's worth looking into and the Maryland Science Center is on the list. call 1-877-BALTIMORE for more information
- You can bring your own food in and eat at an indoor area or outside on the inner Harbor Promenade
- I'd recommend the membership as reciprocal membership programs make the membership well worth it.
- The IMAX experience is worth the additional admission fee
- This Science Center seems geared more for children than adults